Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Halloween cards using die cuts!

 
Hello!  Today I've got some fun cards using the awesome brand new Halloween line called Spooky and the coordinating die set.  Can I just say that I am in love with this Halloween collection AND the tree and bat dies?!  I love Halloween already, but I seriously can not wait to pull out my Carta Bella Spooky supplies again!   And if you love the usual orange and black for Halloween, this collection is for you!  You have to see the rich orange color in person- I love it!
For my tree embellishments on the cards here, I die cut one tree from black cardstock and one tree from kraft cardstock.  For some fun added texture, I embossed the die cut kraft tree with a wood texture embossing folder.  I love the way that it turned out!   I then adhered the kraft tree onto the black tree so that a little of the black was visible on the left side- almost like a spooky shadow effect!
 
 
These little bats are fabulous too!  I gave them little white eyes with a white gel pen and I folded their wings up like they are flying!  I seriously couldn't stop making these cute little bats!
 
 
I also think this tree makes a great branch.  I simply just trimmed a little bit off the trunk and rotated it sideways.  Doesn't it look like the bats are flying right off of the branch? 
 
And here is a close up of what my tree and bats look like! I adhered them with foam adhesive so they would "pop" off of the cards.  I just love the texture that the wood grain embossing adds to this tree die!  And I love these spooky (and sweet!) little bats! 
Thanks for joining me today!  I hope I have inspired you again to get creative with your die cuts! 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment