Friday, April 18, 2014

Adding detail to die cuts

Good day all!  Today I am sharing how I took the wafer thin metal die from the Pink Paislee Hello Sunshine Stamps and Die set and put my own spin on it!  The umbrella was simply adorable on it's own, but I took things a couple steps farther and added some detail!  I think Mary Poppins would be proud! (wink wink!) 
 
 
And I was having so much fun with the umbrellas, I wanted to turn things upside down a bit!
 
Here is how you too can add some added detail to your single layer die cuts!
First I used my Big Shot and the umbrella die to cut out 2 umbrellas.  I chose one solid color for the base and a fun floral pattern for detail on the umbrella top.
 
I hand trimmed a small margin off of the entire umbrella top.
 
I now have the base and the umbrella top.
 
I traced the floral umbrella top onto teal polka dot patterned paper and cut out a second umbrella top. I then drew 2 arches with pencil on the teal paper where I want to cut it.
 
I then trimmed the 2 sides off of the teal polka dot paper.  I now have my black umbrella base, the floral umbrella top, and the teal accent piece.
 
And layered together and adhered with foam adhesive for dimension!  I want a real umbrella that is this stinkin' cute!
 
All of the supplies used were Pink Paislee's Hello Sunshine collection!  Be sure to check it out! I am sure you will fall in love with it like I did!  Have a great day!
Hugs, Tegan 
 
 
 
 
 



7 comments:

  1. I've been working with this line this week. LOVE it. Very cute cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are adorable, love how you spiced up the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these cards are so super sweet. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so dang cute!! (And I love anything with rain or umbrellas on it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! Great way to adapt them! I am dying to get my hands on this collection, I actually have it ordered I just need to pick it up from the store! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love! Super cute Tegan! Such clever ideas and what a fun paper collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful. I picked up the digital kit this morning and got some physical items last week and cant wait to play with this collection!

    ReplyDelete