Friday, April 22, 2016

Girly Happy Birthday Card

Hello!  Today I am showing off the gorgeous new Petticoats collection! Doilies and flowers and pinks…oh my! This bright, fun collection is perfect for any kind of girl project you can think of!

I started out using the Doily #3 die to make a doily using solid yellow paper. I then hand cut it down the middle so that each half would stick out of each side of my card design. I then layered ephemera pieces (floral tag, birthday sentiment), twine, and chipboard pieces (scallop, ‘adorable’ sentiment) to create the main element. The coordinating enamel dots finish it off beautifully!

I then used the flower from the Sweet Girl Die Set to create a 3D flower embellishment. I die cut two flowers from the same pink patterned paper. I gently turned the leaves up on one flower and adhered only the middle of it to the second flower. Layering the flowers like this is so easy and adds a fun effect to any project!
Thanks for joining me today!  I hope I have inspired you to die cut more and have fun with it!  And with the Petticoats collection, now is the perfect time to create some beautiful cards!



No comments:

Post a Comment