Saturday, November 10, 2018

Fun with Mixed Media and Bella Blvd!

Hi everyone! I am excited to share this layout with you because I stepped outside of my comfort zone and used some mixed media techniques. I must admit I was really nervous because I don't usually use paints on my crafting projects. But you know what? I absolutely loved it and had so much fun!! And it was pretty easy! If I can do it, then so can you! 

I started by covering my standard white cardstock with gesso and letting it dry. I then took a little bit of water and mixed it in with the aqua color Illustrated Faith watercolor paint. I used a sandwich bag to lightly spread the paint around on my background paper. 

I then took the teal Illustrated Faith acrylic paint and dry brushed
over a stencil to give the background a little more detail. I really love how the background turned out! 

And of course I had to use the Bella Blvd Sweet and Spooky collection even though Halloween is over! Aren't the little chipboard pumpkin and skeleton girl just the cutest?!?! 

Notice how the gridded stencil and dry brushing give the background more interest. And again, I couldn't help but add more super fun chipboard shapes to my layout! 

Thanks so much for joining me! I hope I have inspired you to continue to document your Halloween pictures! Have a great day! 





No comments:

Post a Comment