Hello! Today I am sharing a fun and unique twist on a popular kid's game! The very colorful Rough & Tumble collection by Carta Bella works perfectly for not only layouts, but projects like this tic-tac-toe game. I absolutely love the color palette of this collection- blues, reds, gold, and aqua. It is perfect for boys of all ages!
The stickers and chipboard elements made decorating the game board a breeze.
Carta Bella offers a digital version of this collection and recreating this project with the digital elements would be easy as well! It's just a matter of layering the elements. I would love to make digital multiples of this game, print them, and hand them out at my nephew's birthday party! The kids would love these!
I used the helicopter and sailboat elements from the patterned papers to create my game pieces. Helicopters for the circles and sailboats for the squares. This is not your ordinary tic-tac-toe game! The chipboard stickers are great to add dimension to the project. The only problem now is deciding who gets to be sailboats and who gets to be the helicopters!
Here are instructions to make your very own tic-tac-toe game using Carta Bella's Rough & Tumble:
1. Cut a piece of cardboard or chipboard 8 1/2"x11" and cover with "Vroom Vroom" patterned paper. Add a 7 1/2" square of "Playful Plaid" patterned paper in the middle of the playing board and then layer a 7" square of "Silly Squares" in the middle of that.
2. Cut strips of the solid gold from the "Adventure" patterned paper 6" long and adhere them to make the tic-tac-toe grid.
3. Embellish the game board with stickers from the "Elements Stickers" and the "Chipboard Stickers".
4. Punch circles of helicopters out of the "Soaring Planes" patterned paper and layer over larger punched circles of solid blue from the "Playful Plaid" paper.
5. Punch squares of sailboats out of the "Floating Boats" patterned paper and layer over larger punched squares of solid teal from the "Floating Boats" patterned paper.
Rough & Tumble : Soaring Planes, Vroom Vroom, Floating Boats, Silly Stripes, Explore Together, Playful Plaid, Adventure, Element Stickers, Chipboard Stickers
Other: Cardboard or chipboard, 2 sizes of circle punches, 2 sizes of square punches
Thanks for stopping in! Hope you have a wonderful day!