Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A layout with a fun design!

Good day everyone!  Today I am showing off a layout featuring The Paper Bakery's December scrapbook kit called Times Square. You will definitely love it as much as I do!  It is filled with versatile papers and embellishments that can be used for any topic!  This layout is close to my heart because it shows off a few pics of my dad and I.  And unfortunately dad doesn't get scrapped a lot so I was happy to scrap this page!


I used the Jillibean Soup flashcards that were included the kit as inspiration for my design.  I used the cards to make all of my pieces the same shape.  I then constructed a design using those shapes and the panels of wood on the patterned paper.


I fussy cut out the title from the Studio Calico paper that was included in the kit as well.  I know some people aren't fond of fussy cutting, but this title was SO worth it!

I even typed my journaling on the computer and modeled it after the Jillibean Soup flashcards!

Thanks for stopping in today!  I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying some scrapbooking time!   You can check out Paper Bakery's December kit here!   You will love the cork pieces and the chipboard that is included, just to name a few!  Have a great day!
Hugs, Tegan



8 comments:

  1. what great layout and awesome photos you have with your father :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the flashcard. Love your layout !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design. The photos with your dad are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful design, Tegan! Such a sweet page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great design! I love you worked in those cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet page! I love your grid pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love it! I love that woodgrain paper very much, and I love all the bits of pattern throughout. Very cute pictures, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a new favorite, Tegan!! Love the design and the way you used those flash cards! And the fussy cut title looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete