Friday, January 10, 2014

Homemade with Love banner!


Hello! Today I am sharing a fun and easy banner I made with the oh-so-delicious Homemade with Love collection by Carta Bella.  I adore the color palette- red, teal, yellow, and pink! This collection is great for layouts of baking with family, cards, and home decor projects as well!  I easily used this line to create a food-inspired banner for my kitchen. Today I am sharing how you too can make a similar banner!  You can't go wrong with cute little element stickers such as utensils and pies! Yum!
 
 
And some yummy close ups!
 
 
 
This is how you too can make your very own banner:
1.  Cut the banner bases out of "Baking Stripe" and "Must Bake" papers.  To make the banners, I first cut the papers into tall rectangles.  I marked the exact middle on the bottom of each paper.  I then cut off a wedge shape from that middle mark to about one inch up one side of the rectangle.  I then did the exact thing on the opposite side so that both sides matched.
2. Cut slightly smaller banners from the "Kitchen Corner" paper and adhere in middle of banners.
3. Again cut even slightly smaller banners from the back sides of the "Baking Border Strips" and "Recipe Cards" papers and adhere them to middle of banners.
4. Die cut scalloped circles from the "Grandma's Recipes", "Mixing Bowls", and "Must Bake" papers.  I used a Spellbinders die.  Use a standard size coffee mug and pencil to trace a circle in the middle of each scalloped circle.  Use a thin marker to make stitch marks over the pencil lines.  Make sure marker is dry and erase pencil lines. Use foam adhesive to adhere each of these circles to a banner piece.
5. Decorate each scalloped circle as shown using the "Element Stickers", buttons, and foam adhesive.  Use a punch to make the scalloped borders and attach to the top of each banner piece.
6.  Make 4 small bows from May Arts' thin chevron ribbon and adhere them to the corners of the banner.  Adhere small red buttons to the middle of the bows.  Adhere a piece of ribbon to each side of banner for hanging.
Thanks for joining us today!  I hope I have inspired you to make your own banner and not just made you hungry for pie!
Hugs, Tegan
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment