Monday, March 31, 2014

Trendy Speech Bubbles!

Good day everyone!  Today I am sharing my latest layout featuring a trend that seems to be growing in popularity: speech bubbles!  It seems like they are showing up more and more scrapbooking goods.  They are everywhere from patterned papers to chipboard pieces to cut files.  They are very fun and were perfect for a layout about my smartphone-loving sister!   I quickly reached for Pink Paislee's Switchboard collection with all it's "chatworthy" icons and pretty colors!  It's expected in stores very soon.
 
 
 
The large speech bubble I used for the background was cut out using my Cameo and the Chat Bubbles cutting files from Pink Paislee.  Making this layout was actually pretty easy... For the following part I simply fussy cut out a number of speech bubbles from patterned paper.
 
 
Oh yes, my sister certainly does have a love for her smartphone!  I just love all of the cute icons in this collection!
 
 
I used a couple die cuts from the ephemera pack to illustrate that, yes, she is on her smartphone 24/7.  (Sorry sis, but it's true!) You will definitely love the Switchboard collection as much as I do! 
 
Thanks for stopping in!  Switchboard will be in stores very soon so keep your eyes peeled for it!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Tegan
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice ! I like how you put twine around the big speech bubble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore this layout, Tegan! Loving all of the speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Really like the speech bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been loving and using speech bubbles lately too. Love the idea of cutting them from the paper. I have a sheet of speech bubble paper from October Afternoon's Daily Flash line... this may be a fun way to use that paper. We will see what I come up with when I finally break down and use that paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page! I love all the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute Tegan! Fabulous way to use speech bubbles. Awesome idea with the background speech bubble, super cool!

    ReplyDelete