Friday, September 6, 2019

Explore Layout with Doodlebug Design

The Doodlebug Design I Heart Travel collection is really great for documenting any kind of trip. And so it was perfect to use to scrapbook some photos from my latest trip to Disney World! I had a blast creating with all of the fun icons like airplanes, suitcases, suns, and smiling geotags! 

I am usually addicted to white backgrounds, but I wanted to go with colorful cardstock on the background for this layout. I first created my main design on the Doodlebug Design Sea Glass Textured Cardstock. I thought it needed a little more color, so I trimmed off the edges and adhered the page to a piece of  Sunshine Textured Cardstock. I am really loving all of the color!

Since I love the Doodlepops so much, I usually end up hoarding them. But not today! I wanted the Jet Set (airplane) Doodlepop to take center stage so I have it 'flying' over Florida that I cut out using the red Love This Patterned Paper. I used embroidery floss to stitch a jet stream behind the plane to really draw attention to it. I embellished my top photo with Odds & Ends pieces, Mini Icons Stickers, and the Doodlepop clouds. 

I used the Odds & Ends geotag piece to layer over the 'O' in the Explore Chit Chat piece to add interest to my title. And then I placed the geotag right where I was in Florida, which was Disney World of course! The Limeade Teensy Type alphabet stickers have a whimsical look and are perfect for spelling out Disney World. And I can't get over how adorable those little pretzel Mini Icons Stickers are, can you?! 

Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you to grab some of the I Heart Travel collection and document your last trip! Have a great day everyone!

Doodlebug Design Supplies Used:
Sea Glass Textured Cardstock
Sunshine Textured Cardstock
I Heart Travel Collection: Scenic Spot Patterned Paper, Happy Trails Patterned Paper, Plaid to be Here Patterned Paper, Love This Patterned Paper, Jet Set Doodlepop, Mini Icons Stickers, Travel Assortment Sprinkles, Chit Chat pack, This & That Sticker Sheet
Teensy Type Alphabet Stickers in Limeade

No comments:

Post a Comment