Sunday, September 1, 2019

Turning Scraps into Something Fab!

Hi friends, it's Tegan and I am excited to share my Scrap Bust Challenge project with you! I figured a mini album would be perfect for documenting our strawberry picking pictures and allow me to use up my bigger paper scraps. I had so much fun finding creative ways to work with the leftover stickers and tiny paper scraps too!  On the cover, I used the small scraps and a border punch to create little scalloped pieces that I adhered and then stitched with embroidery floss.
I first collected paper and embellishment scraps from the Mom Life, Island Escape, Wish Big Girl, and Bug Adventure collections. My goal was to use up the Island Escape Sticker and Chipboard Sticker sheets as well as the orange Puffy Heart stickers. Mixing and matching these collections was so easy because all of the Bella Blvd collections blend so well!
I started by using the scalloped circle shape from the Bella Blvd Birthday Sayings cutfile to cut out my pages from all of my bigger scrap pieces. I then adhered them together to form the album pages. I then cut out circle shapes from more patterned paper scraps and adhered those to the middle of my scalloped circle pages. On my first page, since the square woodgrain sticker had a beach phrase on it, I layered it underneath the chipboard flowers. I then adhered my typed journaling onto some smaller scraps of patterned paper. I love the color the paper adds to the journaling!
Don't be like me at first and be afraid to cut up your extra stickers! Originally, the sticker here said There's Nothing Like a Sunset. I simply cut off the a Sunset part and created my own phrase using McIntosh color Bella Blvd Florence stickers! 
Left on the Chipboard sheet was the word SEA. Obviously, I wasn't documenting water pictures so I used the S, E, A and Bella Blvd Wonky Alpha Puffy alphabet stickers to create a fun and AWESOME (wink, wink!) word design on one of my pages! 
I loved this challenge because it made me step back and think about what fun techniques I could do with my little paper scraps. Here I fussy cut hearts out of the Mom Life Daily Details patterned paper and then hand stitched on them after adhering them to my page. I love this hand made design and the texture!
Thanks for joining me on my scrapbusting journey today! I challenge you to dig out some of your Bella Blvd scraps and create your own fun project. I am sure you will have as much fun as I did! 






No comments:

Post a Comment