Saturday, May 23, 2020

Cake Smash Layout

I am having so much fun creating with the brand new Doodlebug Design Party Time collection! I am very much a beginner when it comes to stamping, but I really wanted to play with the coordinating stamps some more. So I easily created my own little fun background design using the Party Time stamps, washi tape, and patterned paper. I love how it turned out! Come take a look!
I started by using my electronic die cut machine to cut out a 7 1/2" circle. I then lightly traced that circle onto a piece of smooth white cardstock so I could see exactly where to create my design. I then measured out and traced a perfectly horizontal line onto the cardstock so I could stamp in a straight line. I started creating the design with the stamped elephants and then added Party Boy Patterned Paper strips, Let's Celebrate star patterned washi tape, and more stamped images. I then cut circles out of the orange and blue background patterned papers, making sure to make the orange one a little smaller. The circle opening in the orange background is 7 1/2" and the opening in the blue background paper is 8".  I then layered the blue paper over the orange paper and backed my page opening with my stamped circle design. 
I created the fun title with the Skinny Alphabet Stickers in Bumblebee and Limeade. I couldn't resist adding a little party hat sticker to it! And seriously, how adorable is that dog stamp?
Some of my favorite die cut pieces in the Odds & Ends pack is the banner pieces! And the Birthday Boy Doodle-Pop is just perfect for holding one up! I then created a fun design using a combination of adorable tiny Star-Fetti star shaped Sprinkles and Mini Icons Stickers under the circle design.  
I used the amazing new Nesting Scallops Die Set to cut out a circle and scalloped circle for right underneath my photos. It anchors the photos and stickers nicely! I layered the hat from the Birthday Boy Doodle Pop on top of the sweet elephant Odds & Ends piece.
I love all of the stamped critter images! I can't decide on a favorite one, can you? 
Thanks for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you to grab the new Party Time collection and coordinating stamps for your next project!


Doodlebug Design Products Used:  
Party Time Collection
Skinny Alphabet Stickers: Limeade, Bumblebee
Nesting Scallops Die Set



No comments:

Post a Comment