Thursday, November 10, 2016

Christmas Card using Echo Park's Deck the Halls!

Hello! Christmas is right around the corner and the Echo Park Deck the Halls collection is a great solution for holiday cardmaking! I am in love with the navy and aqua mixed in with the traditional red and green. And the addition of gold accents makes this collection a new favorite of mine! Scroll down to see how I created my fun multicolor woodgrain background too!

I first adhered the Carta Bella Woodgrain #2 stencil to the Carta Bella Ultra White Felt cardstock using washi or repositionable tape . I made sure to tape off a larger area than I thought I needed.
I then used an ink blending tool to gently cover random parts of the stencil with Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Ranger. I made sure to leave some areas uncovered.
I then used an ink blending tool to gently add in Peeled Paint Distress Ink from Ranger. I also made sure to overlap parts of the Vintage Photo to make my multicolor background. You can also press a little harder in some spots to make those areas a darker green. So easy, but oh-so-cool! 
After trimming the cardstock down to the right size, I added it to my card base. I love that this background looks so complicated and multicolored, but really it only took a couple minutes and 2 colors of ink to create! The Christmas tree and “Merry” stickers are gorgeous accents for this woodland-inspired background.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you to get creative with your favorite Carta Bella or Echo Park Paper stencil. Happy crafting friends!
Tegan :)








No comments:

Post a Comment