Saturday, October 12, 2019

First Day with Doodlebug Design!

To say that I had fun documenting my niece's first day of kindergarten would be an understatement! The brand new Doodlebug Design School Days collection is full of whimsical colors and adorable icons! The cute paperclips, colorful stars, and smiling school supplies were a blast to work with! I can't wait to use this collection again! 

I love that the Chit Chat die cut packs always have words that can be used for quick and fun titles, like the 'First Day' title here. The 'Just a Note' cut apart card from the Color Me Happy Patterned Paper makes a super fun spot for the journaling! I used the awesome rainbow striped Very Primary Patterned Paper to make top and bottom border strips. And aren't those crayon stickers and little girl sticker just the cutest?! 

I wanted to somehow 'feature' the adorable Shape Sprinkles and Icon Stickers, so I die cut stars out of a few of the simple patterned papers of the collection. I used the star from the Doodlebug Design Lots O' Luck Lucky Shapes cut file set to create 3 1/2" stars from the blue star, black music note, and red dot patterned papers. I then used dark yellow embroidery floss to create a fun circle on the star to really make the stickers pop. And of course I used the You're A Star Shape Sprinkles to embellish around my big paper stars! 


Craft paint, paperclips, and pencils - oh my! There are so many super fun elements in this collection that I can't picked any favorites! What are your favorite things in the School Days collection?! 

Thanks for joining me today! I hope I have inspired you to grab the School Days collection and document your student's first day of school! 
Doodlebug Design Supplies:
School Days Patterned Papers: Spelling Bee, Good Measure, Color Me Happy, Band Class, Playground Plaid, Field Trip, Very Primary, School Days 
School Days Chit Chat pack
School Days This & That Stickers
School Days Mini Icons Stickers
School Days Icons Stickers
School Days Shape Sprinkles: School Supplies, You're A Star



No comments:

Post a Comment